Future of Mining Americas 2019
The Future of Mining Americas conference takes place at the Sheraton Denver from October 21-22 and builds upon the existing Future of Mining event series across the globe with a strategic level commercial and operational agenda connecting the industry across the Americas to discuss the latest mining innovations and technologies.
The second edition of this conference will cover a vast range of content spanning right across the entire mining life cycle with automation, technology, development and sustainability at its core, focusing on the challenges ahead as mining begins to look beyond the now and plan for the future.
Confirmed sponsors include: Komatsu, Proudfoot, MMD, Scania, Chemours, IsoMetrix, thyssenkrupp, BAS Mining Trucks, Vega, Commit Works and White Dog International.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Gordana Slepcev, Chief Operating Officer, Anaconda Mining
- Randy Weimer, Environmental Manager, Sibanye-Stillwater
- Joshua Serfass, Director, Corporate Communication, Integra Resources
- Ricardo Valls, President, Valls GeoConsultants
- Jon Wylie, President, Global Natural Resources, Proudfoot
- George Hemingway (Chairman), Partner Innovation Practice, Stratalis Group
Key topics include:
- Analyze, Adapt and Overcome: How Miners can Build and Integrate an Effective Digital Strategy into their Operations? How do you manage digitization when parts of a mining organization are so different? How do you a) take that strategy and operationalize it? And b) what does that look like on the ground?
- The Future of Mine Autonomy – Creating Tomorrow’s Mine, Today: The industry has recently had its watershed moment with the world’s first automated mine in Mali. Automation programs are being developed and supported with further resources in mining companies across the globe and a head of a mine automation program will discuss how their company plans to make automated mining a reality.
- All for One and One for All - Industry Collaboration in the Data World: How can the industry open up its data to enable better peer-to-peer comparison and benchmarking? What steps can we as an industry take towards breaking down barriers and being more open to real collaboration and sharing information?
- A Double Edged Sword - How Innovation Will Impact our Social Licence to Operate: How can innovation drive mining’s position within communities? Is it possible for mining companies to innovate without drastically impacting their workforces?
- Your Future Workforce - Millennials aren’t the Problem, They’re the Solution: How real is the risk of falling short in the quest for new industry talent? Does this present an opportunity for mining to rebrand as an industry?
- Building a Modern Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) - Mitigating the Risk for both Communities and Miners: How can the risk of TSF failure be managed from the outset? Where is the management and review of existing TSFs falling short?
- Equality in Innovation: Is Innovation Unaffordable Outside of Majors? Is innovation viable for mid-tiers and juniors? Are these smaller mining companies being priced out of being able to compete?
Visit the Future of Mining Americas 2019 website for conference schedule, details and to register.