Mining and Energy’s 10 most-read stories of 2017
Check out some of the most popular Mining and Energy articles we published last year
We try to keep our fingers on the pulse of the mining, energy and exploration industries, and our writers are consistently working hard to find interesting people to talk to and the latest innovations to share. These are the top 10 most-read articles from 2017:
1. Could there be another Sullivan mine-sized deposit near Fort Steele, B.C.?
The next big East Kootenay mine development could be right around the corner.
2. A summary of the construction of the Brucejack Gold Mine
Looking back on the construction process of Pretivm Resources’ Brucejack Mine.
3. Extreme construction: Mountain edition
The partners of Axis Mountain Technical share similar ethics and skills, which comes in handy when working in extreme conditions.
4. Rock Star: Nalaine Morin, EP
Learn about Nalaine Morin, who works with First Nations across Canada on mining, pipeline and infrastructure projects.
5. New winds are blowing: Canada’s energy shifts to renewable resources
Renewable resources play an increasingly vital role in Canada's energy industry.
6. Geothermal sustainability closer than ever in British Columbia
Valemount, B.C., may become Canada’s first geothermal village
7. Predicting the future: Mining and energy jobs in five years
Find out what the future holds for those in the mining and energy industries.
8. 3-D printing innovation in engineering
3-D printing technology has immense potential for mining, engineering and other sectors.
9. Bridging the gap between academia and industry
SFU students can now prepare for their future careers with a new mechatronics certification.
10. The best bits of the AME Roundup
Find out what you missed at the Association for Mineral Exploration’s (AME) Roundup 2017.