The rail cars were designed by National Steel Car and feature industry-leading design suitable for the Legacy Project’s state-of-the-art facility.
Mining in Saskatchewan centres around two major commodities: potash and uranium. Saskatchewan is the second largest producer of potash in the world and, according to the Saskatchewan Mining Association, the province is the world leader in uranium production. Watch for our upcoming issue of Mining & Exploration this year that will take an in-depth look at the Saskatchewan mining scene.
Recent Saskatchewan articles
IsoEnergy Ltd. is a uranium exploration and development company with a portfolio of prospective projects in the eastern Athabasca Basin in Saskatchewan.
First drill hole showed potential for larger uranium mineralized system
Seven of 85 Kimberlite targets tested to date.
The West Carswell property is located 20 kilometres southwest of De Beers' CanAlaska Athabasca diamond project.
Silver Standard’s shareholders will own roughly 68% of the combined company with shareholders of Claude Resources holding the remaining 32%.
Deal covers 75 kimberlite-style targets identified by recent Saskatchewan government airborne survey.
The K+S Legacy mine will use underground solution mining to extract ore at greater depths than would be achieved using conventional mining methodsby Jessica Kirby
CanAlaska’s recent discovery of kimberlite prospects may yield Canada’s newest diamondsby Jillian Clark
CanAlaska’s West McArthur site being drilled by Cameco to uncover more high-grade uraniumby Jillian Clark
NexGen is a British Columbia corporation with a focus on the acquisition, exploration and development of Canadian uranium projects.
The funding agreement is for the development of the Mining Materials Research Cluster (Research Cluster) in Saskatchewan.
John McVey has been recently-appointed CEO of Procon, a small, full-service provider of start-to-finish industrial solutions for the Canadian mining industryby Kevin Miller